Command, Control and Communications (C3)
C3 are critical to the safe transportation operations. C3 includes the ability and critical information necessary to plan, coordinate, communication, and control operations. Through research, testing, and simulation, ASSURE continues to develop the frameworks, data formats, systems, databases to develop, collect, and retrieve information to inform the C3 process. This information is being used by transportation authorities to establish regulations and guidelines, industry, and their consensus standards groups to harmonize technical, operational, and other standards.
ASSURE is also researching and testing communications (voice and data) to help establish the technical standards and the regulations that support safe command and control of unmanned and autonomous aircraft. Critical to safe C3, ASSURE is the developing the appropriate level of cybersecurity for various operations.
- FAA Awards $2.8 Million in Drone Research Grants to ASSURE’s Five Research Universities
- Mississippi State University, ASSURE’s Lead University and Kansas State University Partner to Lead First Responder UAS Competition
- ASSURE Research Partner, UAF, Makes Alaska’s First Large Drone Flight from an International Airport
- ASSURE Research Partner, Embry-Riddle, Receives Federal Grant to Improve Drone Safety
- ASSURE Partner, K-State Salina, Led Innovation Competition, Rewards Drone Enthusiasts for Their Innovative Ideas
ASSURE allows industry and government agencies direct access to the capabilities and expertise of 26 universities and their researchers worldwide. The skills, abilities, and experience housed within ASSURE are critical to the success of our mission and the mission of our many partnering entities. The ASSURE organization is passionate about quality and meaningful research that safely and efficiently brings UAS into the National Airspace. If you see a topic area you would like to know more about please contact us directly for more information.
Related Research Projects